Sunday 15 November 2015

Stopping Hate

Since Friday night I've kept up to date on the news whether that was reading articles, watching the news or listening to the radio, I can't stop hearing about what happened in Paris.

My first reaction was sadness. 

Who would do something like that? Why would someone want to do that? Why hurt so many innocent people?

But the more I thought about all of these questions, the more I realized something.

I wasn't in shock at the news.

I didn't stare at my TV screen with my mouth wide open and my eyes bulging out of my head. I just watched in silence, my heart aching for the people in Paris.

I was stunned once I realized that I wasn't shocked at all.

After the stun feeling wore off, I was disgusted.

Within a year, so many acts of terror have happened around the world.

Enough of them have happened for me to no longer feel shock! 

But then I went on Instagram.

Apparently there were also horrid events happening (or about to happen) in Mexico, Lebanon, Japan, Syria, Bagdad and Beirut. 

I didn't hear any of those stories on the radio or news and that was really upsetting. Honestly I'm still not 100% sure what happened in all of those places, just the main concepts of what was happening, but I'm going to find out all of the details as soon as I can.

For the time being, I only really know what happened within Paris.

Admittedly, I don't have the most up to date news on the terror in Paris (only from the 5 o'clock news this evening) and I don't want to jump the gun and start saying that it was a specific crime (hate, random, terrorist, psychotic, etc).

However, it hasn't stop and neither has any other from of hate in the world.

Terrorism is still happening.
Racism is still happening.
Sexism is still happening.
Homophobia is still happening.
War is still happening.
Hate is still happening.

The world isn't perfect; there's still so much hate in the world and it's sickening.

As human beings, he should be doing all that we can to end all of this hate.

The world is slowly moving towards that. Of course things have drastically improved within the last century, but we still have a journey ahead of us.

And something to remember; if you blame a group of people with a specific religion, with a specific race or a specific religion for acts of hate happening on earth, you are doing nothing to help stop hate in the world.

You're part of the problem.

My heart goes out to the citizens of Paris; I truly hope that you and your loved ones are safe.


One More Girl, no longer online

No comments:

Post a Comment