Wednesday 24 June 2015

Communication Is Key

Normally I don't tend to write stories like this on my blog, but I find that it's too funny not to share.

Today was my last day of school, so in order to celebrate, I had two friends coming over for the evening/night. One came to my house on the school bus with me and the other came later on

My friend that came on the bus and I had the house to ourselves for a bit because my parents were both at work still and my sister was out getting ready for a prom that she was going to with someone from her school.

My friend and I were just in my kitchen, getting an afternoon snack, when a huge car pulled into the driveway.

At first I thought that it could be my other friend because I never really saw his car before, but then I realized that it couldn't be because he didn't text me and ask me for my address yet.

I was not expecting three guys in tuxedos to come out of the car.

Two of them stood by the car while one came up to ring the doorbell.

He was a little shocked to see that the little sister had opened the door, so I politely asked him if he was looking for my sister.

He said that he was and that left me with something very difficult to do.

I had to tell him that my sister wasn't home.

This poor guy, his smile just dropped and I felt so bad for him. 

He asked if I knew where she was, but I don't know the names of her friends all that well, so I said "I think she's at Rachel's...?" Only to have him tell me that he doesn't know a Rachel.

One of his friends then shouted up to him that maybe she was at one of the girls houses getting ready and then named a name that I recognized, so I said that that's where she was. He said thanks and that he'd call her and then left with his friends to go hunt down my sister.

It's not a big, crazy story, but it was the funniest thing to have happened this week.

I think that this blog post is a reminder to stay in contact and to communicate with everyone, whether it's your parents, friends or prom date, communication is key.


One More Girl, no longer online

No comments:

Post a Comment