Wednesday 5 August 2015

Changing For The Better

Well I did as I said I would on my last post, Compliments At The Beach & Understanding Friendsand it feels pretty great to make someone else's day!

Giving compliments is something big for me, not because I don't want to give them, but because I'm too shy to give them to people most of the time.

Just like big projects, I'm working myself up.

When I was at the museum on Sunday, I gave out a few small compliments such as "I love your hair," or "I really like your shirt."

Nothing major yet, but someday I'll be able to go up to someone and tell them that I think they're pretty.

It might not be soon, but it will happen.

Apart from that, I haven't done much today.

I got a few more shifts at the museum, I worked out my schedule a little more in the morning, but in the afternoon I went to the beach with my friends who are in town visiting.

I didn't really feel like going in today, I don't have a specific reason as to why and they understood that this time around and I'm really grateful for that.

They were understanding and didn't make me feel bad for not wanting to go in and I love them for that.

As you can see, this hasn't been a very long post, but I still think it's s really good post because I'm improving.

I'm improving on my social skills with strangers and I now know that I have two, very understanding friends that won't pressure me into things if I say "No," or even "I'm not too sure about this one,"

I was really lucky to have all of this happen in a very short amount of time, so if you're in a similar situation but it's not going as fast, don't worry about it, the change will come when you're ready to.


Although I've been feeling on a low for what seems the longest time now, things seem to be changing and going up. 

I'm excited for when they do.


One More Girl, no longer online

No comments:

Post a Comment