Sunday 30 August 2015

Battle Hard

Well I just got back home tonight after a 12+ hour ride home from a softball tournament and it wasn't too bad.

We ended up coming fourth out of nine teams and we weren't disappointed by it, but I can't say that we were over the moon about it either.

Still having a bit of a bad ankle, I only played half of every game, so I think I played a total of 2 or 2 and a half games. I understood why, so I was alright with it.

As some of you may know, I wasn't the closest with my teammates.

Some of them, I got along with just fine, others I felt as though they never wanted me on the team to begin with.

I felt really lost and didn't feel as though I was viewed as the other girls on the team, I felt like the joke of the team and it got me down.

Going into this last tournament, I was a little nervous to be with my own team, but I never said anything.

I tried to stay out of the other girls way, I did my thing and I let them do theirs, so in a way I was alone, but I was also content with it at the same time.

There are a few tight-knitted groups in my softball team and it was especially hard for one of them because one girl is moving to the other side of the country for the first semester of school.

Two girls got the idea of making her a shirt with her name and number in the back with a softball on the front and have everyone on the team sign the front of it with a little message for her.

It was a really sweet idea and everyone got in on it.

We all signed the shirt and it was given to her after our second last game.

She teared up and "You guys are a great family," and went to hug the girls who made the shirt for her.

She called us her family.

In the end, just because I didn't feel as though that I belonged doesn't mean that that's how everyone else felt.

Just like a softball game when you're down by one run with two outs and a runner on third and second who can either tie the game or win it for you, you have to battle through.

You have to battle through to the last little bit because it might be worth it. Even if it's not, you'll know that you gave it everything you could.

If you feel alone, there's never any shame in talking about it, but most people tend to battle through that feeling in the end, trying not to let anyone know how they feel.

Yes, we'll try and battle our emotions, but what we should always battle are the things making us feel down.

I know that this is said often; but battle through the bad times for the better times ahead. It'll be worth it.


One More Girl, no longer online

No comments:

Post a Comment