Sunday 10 May 2015

Weekend Without Wisdom Teeth

I have to say that the surgery was a lot better than I thought it would be.

I went to the hospital clinic to get my wisdom teeth taken out at around 11:00am, but I felt the effects for the whole day. I spent all of Friday without being able to feel my bottom lip or chin.

The surgery itself went great.

I was terrified going in, but they gave me the IV and I was out of it. I don't actually remember what happened, so I don't know if I fell asleep or not. The only thing I can remember from it is that it felt like it took ten minutes (when in reality it lasted almost an hour) and the only thing I could feel was light scrapping. 

I do have videos and photos, but to keep this blog anonymous, I unfortunately can't post them. I might do it later on in the future, but for now they'll stay on my phone.

I was apparently quite the entertainment on the car ride home, though. My mom was having a good laugh while my dad tried to keep us on the road and to not swerve from laughing.

It wasn't all that pleasant for Saturday and Sunday, however.

I couldn't (still can't) open my mouth more than halfway because the stitches stop you from doing that, so I can only have liquids, jello, pudding, yogurt or Kraft Dinner. I haven't eaten a proper meal since Thursday, but you have to do what you have to do.

As a kid, you'd think that that would be the perfect meal, having food like that all the time, but as a teen, it's not. I can't wait to have chicken, salad and rice again.

I'm still really swollen. I honestly do look like a chipmunk at the moment, still. Apparently, the swelling gets worse during the 24-48 hours following the surgery, and my cheeks definitely swelled up on Saturday.

Currently, I'm dealing with two uneven cheeks, so my left is more swollen that my right.

It's not even something that I'm self conscious about. I think it's funny! I know I look different, but that's okay! It will go back to normal soon enough.

In the end, I'm a teen girl who looks like a chipmunk with nuts stored in one half of the mouth on a terrible eating plan, but I'm alive.

I made it through the surgery and realized that I had nothing to fear. The doctors knew what they were doing. It's me who has to learn how to trust professionals a little more.


One More Girl, no longer online

No comments:

Post a Comment