Wednesday 30 September 2015

Immediately Clicking With A Stranger

A lot of the time, people tend to click together in the sense that they fit together.

Friends click together, especially best friends.

Usually the story behind best friends is that they've known each other for years, they went to school together, their parents knew each other before they were born, things like that. They're friendship is set at an early time of life.

Other times, it happens later in life and over a short amount of time.

This amount of time can be anything from a few days to a few weeks. I find that with the older you get, the more unintentional best friends you have; meaning that you become best friends with them because in a short amount of time, they become or go-to person to communicate with.

At my old school, my best friend and I had known each other for ages, we've been best friends since grade two and we haven't looked back since.

Once again at my old school but with a different group of friends, I clicked with them at first, but then we just sort of didn't click together any more.

Arriving at my new school this year, I wasn't sure what was going to happen.

I was hoping to make friends on my first day of school, but that didn't really happen for me.

With almost a full month of school done, I've defiantly made a few friends.

I have the same group of people that I have all my classes with that are good friends of mine, I have friends that I only have a few classes with, but that's okay.

I have many new friends now, and although I really enjoy being with them all and that I think they're great, I don't know if we've really clicked yet.

I will talk to them my whole school day, but I still feel as though I'm holding myself back when I'm with them.

However, I don't feel this way towards everyone.

There's one guy in particular at my new school that I really do feel a click with.

With only one month of school completed, I think that I could call him my best friend there because I can easily talk him about everything and I don't feel nervous around him at all.

I really believe that I've had one of my first moment a where I instantly clicked with someone that I barely knew to begin with.

It's a bit odd seeing as there's still so much for me to learn about him and vice versa, but we both enjoy each other's company.

Clicking with someone you just meant is such a great thing because it gives you a go-to friend when you feel alone or you don't know where to go in a new environment.

In all honesty, feeling as though I have a clicked with someone I just met is a great feeling. Because of this click, I have someone to hang out with outside of school and I have someone I'm not scared to ask for help.

I've never felt as though I have a connection with someone that I met as soon as I did with this guy, but I have one with him.

I hope that this is something that everyone will experience at least once in their life.

It can take years to build up a high level of trust with a previous friend, but to have that same level of trust within someone that you just met is almost a relieving feeling.


One More Girl, no longer online

1 comment:

  1. I honestly enjoy reading your blog so much! All of your posts are so well thought out and I feel engaged the whole way through. I know what you mean when you click with a stranger, this year at school my friendship group has expanded and I got on well with everyone so quickly!

    xox

    ReplyDelete