Tuesday 8 December 2015

Anxiety and Depression VS. Anxious and Depressed

When you tell people you have anxiety, they usually say that they have it too.

Everybody gets anxious. It's a general feeling that pretty much everyone will feel once or many times throughout their life.

When you tell people you have depression, they might say that they feel down at times, too.

Everybody gets depressed. It's a general feeling that pretty much everyone will feel once or many times throughout their life.

Those two terms should be able to be used freely by people who are feeling those ways without people with anxiety and depression jumping down their throats and saying that it's not okay for them to feel that way or without feeling offended.

Of course if you have anxiety and/or depression, you might feel as though things are worst for you, but other people can feel anxious and/or depressed, maybe just not the same way that we do.

I agree that there is a difference, but everyone should be able to express how they feel without someone saying that they "don't know what real depression is like."

However, no one should ever joke about having depression or wanting to commit suicide. I can't believe that it's 2015 -almost 2016- and people are still joking about this serious issue when anyone around them could be pushed over the edge at any moment.

It's sickening.

Everyone gets anxious before speaking in front of the class or before they have to write a test and everyone gets depressed when they lose a loved one or have some sort of traumatic event happen.

Feeling these emotions can cause disruptions in someone's life.

Recently it's been disrupting mine.

To be honest with you all, I don't know what's wrong. I've just been really anxious with school work, I was really anxious with swimming report cards and by the end of the day when I would usually write my blog posts, I just don't have the mental energy to write them.

If anyone read my blog every day when I posted on a regular schedule because they found it therapeutic or simply enjoyed it, I'm sorry for not being back on my schedule, however I'm not in a mental place right now to have a set schedule.

I promise that they will be relatively around the time I used to post my blog posts, every Sunday and Wednesday, but at the moment I'm focusing hard on my mental health and I hope that you can all understand.


One More Girl, no longer online

3 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog and completely understand why you haven't got a set schedule! I know what you mean when it's unfair to say that someone isn't feeling as down as you. People don't need to be diagnosed with anxiety to be feeling anxious. You should never take away how someone is feeling just because their issues may not seem as bad as yours - everything is relative.

    Hope you feel a bit brighter soon

    xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading your blog and it definitely helps me feel brighter on the tougher days. I can't thank you enough for reading my blog and leaving such lovely comments; I always feel better after reading your blog/comments.
      xxxx

      Delete
    2. That's very kind of you :) Thank you!!! It's absolutely fine lovely, your blog is one of my all time favourites!! Glad to hear!!

      xxxxx

      Delete