Sunday 5 April 2015

Happy Weekend Holiday!

Happy Easter and Passover weekend!

I hope you guys all had a good long weekend celebrating whatever your personal beliefs are.

Personally, I celebrate Easter which I think most people associate with the Easter Bunny, chocolate and Easter egg hunts.

I can say this without any ounce of shamefulness, but I have never participated in an Easter egg hunt.

The "Easter Bunny" never set one up for me because my family and I had a dog, so they didn't want to leave chocolate all over the house. When my dog passed away, it was just too late in the Easter Bunny's eyes, so I never got to do one.

Whenever I tell my friends that, they seem shocked. They say that I'm missing a huge piece of my childhood, that I missed out on the best part of Easter, and so much more.

In the end, I never felt as though I was missing something.

In the long run, I would much rather have a dog everyday for almost a decade rather than one mini-chocolate egg hunt per year.

Something that's difficult to remember around Holidays is that everyone has different traditions and may not do the ones that you see as "classic traditions".

Whether someone has their own traditions that you find weird or they've never had a tradition that you've been doing every since you were little, that doesn't suddenly mean that their holiday is awful or invalid.

Everyone celebrates whatever holiday in different ways. Because they do so, that doesn't mean that they're missing out on a great childhood.

You might not have a clue if they love a different tradition that they do or have replaced a "classic tradition" with something else!

Everyone can spend their holidays whatever way they would like.

Just because they do it differently, that doesn't mean it was a crappy time for them. 


In the end, are you truly missing out on something even if you never did it or is that what other people want you to believe?


One More Girl, no longer online

No comments:

Post a Comment