Sunday 26 April 2015

No Need For Envy

When I looked up the definition of envy, I got two answers; the noun version and the verb.


  1. A feeling of discontented or resentful longing aroused by someone else's possessions, qualities, or luck.
  2. desire to have a quality, possession, or other desirable attribute belonging to (someone else).
Envy is a feeling that I've experienced often. I've always compared myself to other people, whether it's sports or music related, I've never been the best and I'm envious of people better than me, but the push me to do more, practice harder. If you ask me, that's a healthy way to us envy to your advantage.

I've recently been finding myself experiencing envy in a more so negative way.

I enjoy talent shows, whether they're school shows or shows on TV such as Britain's Got Talent, I find them interesting. 

People have so many interesting and awesome talents, but I wish I could have them.

I play the guitar and whenever I hear someone my age play something amazing, I get envious and I want to practice until I can play like they do. I think that's normal, who hasn't wished that they could do something that they already do but do it like someone else?

Whenever I see some amazing dance or gymnastic routine, I usually always think "Oh my God, I wish that I could do that!" But thats when I remember that I hate dancing and have never done serious gymnastics.

I can't help myself, what these people are doing is nothing less than amazing! I want to use my talents in the way that they do, yet I still feel as though I have to discover some of them.

If you get envious over someone and you later on realize that you have nothing to be envious of because you don't do the same thing at all, that;s okay!

If you're like me, you'll find your own talent someday! We don't have to feel the need of having something that we alone can do, if we could, who would be there to help you get even better at it?

Until I find a talent in which I want to carry out with, I'll try to avoid talent shows and I'll continue to be able to wiggle my ears.


Anyone else have a few fun secret talents? Let me know! I'll try my best not to be envious.


One More Girl, no longer online

No comments:

Post a Comment