Sunday 12 April 2015

"Interest At First Sight"

I'm a big quote fanatic. I love reading quotes, breaking them down, learning about who wrote them and why they said it. 

I think it's the fact that the meaning of a quote could mean one thing to me and something completely different to someone else. It inspires people in their own personal way.

A quote that everyone seems to know is "It was like love at first sight."

Now people usually tend to think of people or book/movie characters when they hear the quote. Who doesn't love the idea of being able to look at someone in the eyes from across the room and just knowing that they're the one? 

That would be incredibly special.

For me though, that quote is more for items. Whether I'm shopping, listening to music, reading a book, I can fall in love instantly.

I just personally don't think it's fair to say the same about a person.

How do you fall in love with someone by a quick glance of the eye and know you want to spend the rest of your life with that one person? 

Is that not that shallow? 

You're technically not falling in love/fell in love with a person, you're falling in love/fell in love with their looks. A whole person is so much more than just looks. What if you think you had a "It was love at first sight," moment but the other person is the complete opposite as you and you know that it could never work out after the first date? 

That's why I think that the quote should be "Interest at first sight." 

I am one of those people that say personality is more important than looks because if I had the choice of marrying someone that loves all the same things I do and we always have fun together but he looks like an average guy or marrying a supermodel that I have nothing in common with and it always feels awkward, I would chose the person who looks like an average guy. 

I don't want to say looks aren't important, because in a way they are. 

They spark interest in you to talk to someone. Everyone has their preferences related to looks whether it's hair or eye colour to size or height of the person, but no one should be made fun of for their looks. It's not something you can change on command and it's awful that people are still making them feel bad for how they look and making them feel worthless about themselves. 

That's why I also think that it's important not to change your looks for anyone but yourself because someone will take interest in you.

Now if you are a believer that two people can fall in love at first sight, then that's awesome.

This is just my opinion on the matter, so please, I beg of you, do not feel as though you have to change your opinion of the quote. If I have influenced you and you understand what I'm saying, then so be it. I would just hate it if one of you changed your minds completely even though the reason as to why you fell in love with the quote and remember it is different from mine.

Everyone has different interpretations on different subjects. This just happens to be mine on a specific quote.


One More Girl, no longer online

No comments:

Post a Comment