Thursday 9 July 2015

Eternal Love

Whenever I heard the term "eternal love" when I was younger, I would always immediately think of couples and families.

As I got older, I started to realize that you didn't only have to have an eternal love for someone but also something

Last night, I got to really see that.

Granted I didn't write a post yesterday, but I was out at a jazz festival concert with my family.

I went with my parents, my aunt and uncle, and also my two older cousins (one of which was my cousin who's currently visiting from New York).

My city is currently holding a jazz festival and the show we went to last night was Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings.

All I can say about that performance is "Wow."

Sharon has an insane amount of energy, the band was incredible and the show was amazing.

When my family and I got through the gates, we went to sit in the bleachers,

After a little while, I started to feel claustrophobic. The bleachers were so packed that once you sat down, you were in and couldn't get out without having to get at least one person to move.

I really didn't like it, I focused more on the people around me rather than the show and I hated that. I can't enjoy the things I want to go to because I get to worked up about other things.

My cousin got me to go dance with her, and once we were out of the bleachers, she told me that she got me because I  looked bored. I told her what was really going through my mind and she walked around with me, brought me to a less crowded area and held my hand or had her arm around me for the remaining of the time.

I was really grateful for that.

Because of my cousins' actions, I was able to focus more on the concert.

Before my cousin got me out of the bleachers, I could really only focus on the people around me.

I saw old friends meeting up for the first time in awhile to enjoy a concert together, I saw couples enjoying each others company, I saw friends run into other friends that didn't know they were also going to the concert, I saw others families meet up, I saw people who didn't care who was watching them but would dance anyway and I saw people watch or do something their passionate about.

You don't have to meet a person to know what they love, nor to find out what one of their eternal loves are and I think that's an amazing thing.

None of you know me, but you all seem to know that one of my eternal loves is writing. 

You can love something and you can have passion for something, but once you have both of those things together, I think that's when it's eternal love.

Even though I was uncomfortable at the concert, I still liked being able to take my time and properly look at the people around me. 

When you catch someone doing what they love without the other persons knowledge, you know its real and it's pretty amazing.


One More Girl, no longer online

No comments:

Post a Comment